Here are the different versions of my completed project!
Author Archives: zenandthecybernet
Happy early Thanksgiving! I love being in the South during the holiday season, reminding me of warm vanilla cookies, Christmas trees, and Baby it’s Cold Outside playing in the car radio. Here is a recipe for Gingersnap cookies. I think these would be fun to cut and decorate as well.
- 1 1/2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.